I understand the challenge of finding just the right speaker. In my role as the Principal of Orleans Elementary School, I am responsible for dozens of events, from small group training sessions to large, gymnasium-sized convocations.
I quickly realized that success of an event came down to the quality of the speakers. If they hit it out of the park, we had a great event. If they didn’t, well … we had a not-so-great event.
Like you, I found myself spending hours researching speakers, to make sure we had just the right fit. My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible.
Thanks for stopping by. Thanks also for considering me. I am honored.
What You Can Expect From Me
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with me prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides/notes I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event from myself, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
A Little Bit About Me
I have been speaking publicly for more than 16 years. My keynotes have included churches, schools, philanthropic organizations, community foundations, and various non-profit organizations.
I have spent most of my career in K-12 education, most recently as the Principal of Orleans Elementary School, a growing and student-focused school located in southern Indiana.
I also devote my time to writing and speaking. In terms of my platform:
- My blog is steadily climbing on a monthly basis. It’s focused on helping to train up the next generation.
- I also have just over 2,000 followers and fans through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
I have been awarded the Lilly Endowment Scholarship and the Oakland City University’s Student Teacher of the Year Award. Upon graduating college, I received the Indiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education’s Outstanding Future Educator Award. Most recently, I was nominated for a Golden Apple Award.
My greatest achievement has been the family I have been blessed with. I have been happily married to my wife, Marilyn, for eleven years. We have three sons and one daughter. We live outside of French Lick, Indiana. In my free time, I enjoy reading, lifting, and getting my hands dirty.
My Speaking Topics
I speak on topics related to education, family, leadership, and theology. I will customize my presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs. My goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
My Upcoming Engagements
Please note: These dates are subject to change without notice. Please check the event web site before you make plans to attend.
The Difference-Maker Digest
Get a weekly digest of all of my latest blog posts, podcast episodes, and helpful tips to becoming a better leader of yourself, your family, and your company.